Rogue NS instance

Subject: Rogue NS instance
From: Maria
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 02:57:44 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi folks,

I created a new Notifiction Service, and stopped it halfway through
creation as I realised I hadn't saved an ADF file. Now the NS
databases appear to have been partially created, and I can't delete
the instance because it doesn't appear in the list in Server Explorer.
I tried to delete it with nscontrol, but it claims the instance does
not exist. However if I try to create a new instance, it fails because
the instance already exists! If I choose List Versions from the
Notification Services right-click menu, my instance is in there.

Any clues? I've only been developing NS for a couple of days, am I
missing something obvious? I'm more curious than anything really, it's
easy enough for me to change the instance name!

Thanks
Maria