Publishcation Types 4 SQL-NS

Subject: Publishcation Types 4 SQL-NS
From: "James"
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:34:43 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I have our production database on an SQL 2000 DB Server.  I am developing a
notification application in the new 2005 Server.  My theory is to create a
publication from the 2000 Server to the 2005 Server and then the Instance
Applications on the 2005 Server will operate against the published data.

1. Will this work?
2. Which type of publication? (Snapshot, Transactional...)

*** I have complete control over both servers and databases so all options
are open.

If the publication is periodically wiping out the or over the previous
'snapshot?' will notifications be re-sent as the SQL-NS Server sees the data
as being new?

Ideas welcome.

thanks

JIM