sqlprovider timeout error disables event provider

Subject: sqlprovider timeout error disables event provider
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:16:17 -0000
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs

We have a SSNS 2005 SP1 polling app setup (see hostedprovider below).
the day after deployment we got this error from SSNS. It diasbled the
SSNS instance event provider, which I reenabled.  Why did this
happen?  this is on a cluster and we have it pointed at the virtual
cluster name. Can SSNS provide more robust error handling?  We dont
specify the provider timeout so the 5 M must come from a default.  We
have custom delivery protocol for delivery by sqlserver (from MSDN).

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   NotificationServices
within the specified timeout period.
  Provider Name: DocAddedSQLProvider