Re: Accessing NS Instance on a Database Server from a Web Server

Subject: Re: Accessing NS Instance on a Database Server from a Web Server
From: "LegacySARK via"
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:56:16 GMT
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Thanks, Joe.  The issue was that I had not registered the instance on the web
server.  I'm beyond that point, and getting a new erorr when I try to
instantiate the NSInstance object in the web service.

"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When
connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
(provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - No such host is known.)"

I get the same error when I run the check status command from the
Notification Services command prompt.  Could this be a firewall setting?

Joe Webb wrote:
>> Hello.  I'm new to SQL Server 2005 Notification Services.  I'm trying to
>> access an Instance of SQL 2005 NS on a remote Database Server from a Web
>> Service on a different web server, using the following code:
>> <C#>
>> using Microsoft.SqlServer.NotificationServices;
>I take it you are receiving an error of some kind? If you can share more
>details, we'll be glad to offer whatever help we can.
>BTW - One common mistake is forgetting to register the instance on the web

Message posted via