SQL-NS 2005 StockBroker Sample doesn't notify

Subject: SQL-NS 2005 StockBroker Sample doesn't notify
From: "James"
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:31:51 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
 From Ch.3 of Shyam Pather's SQL-NS book, I have followed the instructions
exactly as stated in the book, I get success on the TEST and setup_all and I
get no errors when aI start the service as described on pg. 69-70.  I run
the Test.sql file that inserts records in the StockBroker database, and it
runs without any errors. However, the file 'FileNotifications.txt' is NOT
written to no matter hopw long I wait.  What gives?

James Klett

jimklett @ mathias-die . com