Re: Intermittent email problem

Subject: Re: Intermittent email problem
From: "RDV"
Date: 26 Oct 2006 11:42:31 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Thanks for the insight.  However, antivirus software is not currently
running on this system.

What is the best practice when using SMTP?  Should I use a local SMTP
server and have it relay messages onto the main SMTP server or go
directly to the main SMTP server.  What are the pros and cons of
either?

Thanks