Re: Intermittent email problem

Subject: Re: Intermittent email problem
From: Joe Webb
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 07:07:54 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Roger -

The local SMTP server is good for development and testing, however
during production you'll most likely want to specify the actual SMTP
server rather than relaying through the local one. Using the local one
in production places an unnecessary burden on that server and will
likely degrade overall performance.

HTH...
--
Joe Webb