Re: Multicast & SMTP question

Subject: Re: Multicast & SMTP question
From: "Warren Brunk"
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:27:38 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/sqlntsv9/html/bfdfa945-96cf-43f1-bb5c-3c8648c6519a.htm

When multicast delivery is enabled, the delivery protocol receives the
formatted message once with a list of subscriber information. The delivery
protocol must be able to use the recipient list to send the formatted
message to multiple subscribers. It can do this either by sending a single
message, if the network protocol supports true multicast delivery, or by
simply iterating through the subscriber list and sending the same message to
each subscriber.

SMTP - If you use the BCC in Smtp all recipients will be blind the the other
users. A better way might be to iterate through and send one email at a
time.

Does that help?

--
/*