Re: SQL 2000 NS SP1 on SQL 2000 SP4

Subject: Re: SQL 2000 NS SP1 on SQL 2000 SP4
From: Joe Webb
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 06:05:17 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
SQLNS v2.0 SP1 was a full install, not just a normal service pack. I'd
suggest going with that rather than the non-SP1 version. It's been a
while but if memory serves me, the original SQLNS v2.0 worked with
v1.0 of the .net framework and SP1 added the V1.1 framework
capability.

Does the machine have multiple instances of SQL Server?  If so, does
the last one installed qualify for SQLNS? Sometimes, some application
will install a small MSDE instance on a machine and confuse SQLNS's
installation.

Try running the following query in Query Analyzer.
SELECT
          SERVERPROPERTY('productversion') AS SqlVersion
        , SERVERPROPERTY('productlevel') AS SqlLevel
        , SERVERPROPERTY ('edition') AS SqlEdition

Also, check out this article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829091

HTH...

--