Disabled subscriptions still send messages....Help!

Date: 22 Sep 2006 12:16:20 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Our app goes through & disables some subscriptions using the NS views
nightly based on some business rules.

                UPDATE  Notify.dbo.NSSubscriptionClassView
                SET             Enabled = 'Disabled'
                WHERE   blah, blah, blah
                AND             Enabled = 'Enabled'

My problem is that these "disabled" subscriptions still seem to be
generating matches & sending the messages out.  How/Why does this
happen???  Where can I begin to debug why this is happening?  The
underlying table beneath the view gets set properly when I update the
view - I've looked at that.  An event matched with a disabled
subscription should not be generating a notification!  Please help.