Re: Sending SMS from SQL 2005

Subject: Re: Sending SMS from SQL 2005
From: Joe Webb
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 06:28:58 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Don -

SQLNS comes with an delivery channel for SMTP, but not for SMS. You
send notifications via SMS, but you'll need to develop your own custom
delivery channel to do it.

There are some companies that offer a gateway to SMS. Google for SMS
and SQL Server Notification Services to locate them.

Here are a couple of threads that may help...

Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP

Get up to speed quickly with SQLNS

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 21:33:03 -0700, Don <[email protected]>