Multicast & SMTP question

Subject: Multicast & SMTP question
From: "CoreyB"
Date: 11 Sep 2006 08:47:57 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I have a question that needs clearing up.  I know that I do want to use
the multicast feature.  Our app is such that we may have thousands of
users subscribed to one specific event, so clearly we don't want to
format thousands of times.  We want to format just once, to save

We are using the SMTP delivery protocol - so my question is:  if I send
the same message to 1000 subscribers using multicasting - is this going
to put all of my subscribers' email addresses in the email header??

>From Shyam's book:

"If the network protocol provides a way to send as single message to
multiple recipients, the delivery protocol can use this facility".

Clearly SMTP allows this - you see it all the time when you send an
email to multiple people.  But I don't want other subscribers' data
visible - only the subscriber meant for the message.