Re: ScheduleStartTime Equivalent in ADF File?

Subject: Re: ScheduleStartTime Equivalent in ADF File?
From: Joe Webb
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:46:13 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Danny -

I don't have Shyam's book in front of me at the moment, but I assume
you're talking about something like the code below (copied from
in BOL):

// Set the recurrence of the subscription.
testSubscription.ScheduleRecurrence = "FREQ=DAILY";

// Set the start date and time of the subscription.
StringBuilder scheduleBuilder = new StringBuilder();
testSubscription.ScheduleStart = scheduleBuilder.ToString();

If that's the case, then no, there is no ADF equivalent because this
is property is associated with a specific subscription (or instance of
a subscription), not a subscription class.

This property is useful in specifying a time at which the scheduled
subscription should be processed. For example, if I want to know what
my stock portfolio looks like at the closing bell.

Another useful scenario, as I describe in my book, is to use this to
schedule the delivery of *lots* of notifications during periods of
relatively low server activity. For example, if you know that 500,000
want to receive a notification each time our company issues a new
product service pack, you can schedule that to occur during
non-business hours rather than upon the actual release event.

Make sense?

Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP

Get up to speed quickly with SQLNS