Clarification on Values in AppADF.xml File

Subject: Clarification on Values in AppADF.xml File
From: Pete Zerger
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:32:04 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Folks, I have read the SQL Notification Services Documentation, but as I am a novice with SQL NS, I was hoping for clarification on a couple of application settings. I am using an app written for SQL 2000 NS (it's called the Notification Workflow Solution Accelerator). I a few mostly yes/no questions below. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Here are the settings I have questions about in the AppADF.xml file

        <ApplicationExecutionSettings>
                <QuantumDuration>PT15S</QuantumDuration>
                <SubscriptionQuantumLimit>0</SubscriptionQuantumLimit>
                <ChronicleQuantumLimit>0</ChronicleQuantumLimit>
        </ApplicationExecutionSettings>

I see this definition in the SQL NS Documentation below. SubscriptionQuantumLimit - Specifies how far the logical (quantum) clock can fall behind the real-time clock before skipping subscription rule firings. The documentation also goes on to say that the default is 30 minutes given a quanta duration of 1 minute.
Questions:
In plain english, does that mean that if the application is 30 quanta behind, it would skip processing the oldest pending items? What would the default value then be given a QuantumDuration of 15 seconds? What is the value when SubscriptionQuantumLimit is set to 0?
I also see this definition in the SQL NS Documentation below.
ChronicleQuantumLimit - Specifies how far the logical (quantum) clock can
fall behind the real-time clock before skipping event chronicle rule firings.
The documentation also goes on to say that the default is 1,440 quanta, which
is 1,440 minutes or 1 day, assuming a default QuantumDuration value of 1
minute.
Questions:
In plain english, does that mean that if the application is 1440 quanta behind (given a quantum of 1 minute), it would skip processing the oldest pending items? Would the default, given a quantam duration of 15 seconds, then be only one quarter of 1440?
And 0 is a special value that means skip nothing (process all no matter what)?

Regards,
Pete Zerger, MCSE(Messaging), MVP - MOM
Co-founder and Webmaster, MOMResources.org URL:http://www.momresources.org BLOG: http://www.it-jedi.net/
mailto:pete.zerger AT gmail.com