Re: Custom channels: Fax, Printer, SMTP with attachments

Subject: Re: Custom channels: Fax, Printer, SMTP with attachments
From: Joe Webb
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:38:11 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Shaul -

I've been meaning to blog about developing a custom channel....maybe
your post will prompt me to move it higher on the priority list. :)

In the meantime, if memory serves me (I don't have it in front of me
at the moment) Shyam's book discusses this topic and gives examples.

Also, a couple of years ago, another poster offered his code to the
group. I've never used it so I cannot offer any commentary on it, but
it may be good for a start. BTW - his posting was for a prior version
of the SSNS, but the concepts should still largely apply.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs/browse_thread/thread/4fe82e37a9f41a6c/bdb7a17b5beb5d31?q=attachments&rnum=2#bdb7a17b5beb5d31

--
Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP