Re: Can't use local SMTP Service for emails....

Subject: Re: Can't use local SMTP Service for emails....
From: Joe Webb
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:24:35 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Make sure you machine name is resolvable by DNS - or try putting in or your actual IP address.

There was a problem in earlier versions of the .net framework that
required the NS$InstanceName service to be a member of the local
administrators group. I think that's been resolved now, but you may
want to try adding it to the group to eliminate that as a possibility

Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP

Get up to speed quickly with SQLNS