OT: SQLNS community site, anyone?

Subject: OT: SQLNS community site, anyone?
From: Joe Webb
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:30:35 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi -

I'm considering putting together a community site for SQLNS. Here's a
copy and paste from a recent blog that describes it a bit more
(http://www.sqlns.com).

Before proceeding, though, I'd really like to get some idea as to
whether this is a worthwhile endeavor.

So, what do ya think?

Joe

<blogpost>
Since SSNS was publicly released as an add-on to SQL Server 2000, I've
been intending to create a community site for the technology, a
virtual venue where adopters of the technology can gather together to
discuss issues and share experiences.

Unfortunately I just haven't had the time to devote to such a project.
If I'm going to do something, I like to do it properly and not just a
give it a half-hearted attempt. That's why about a year ago, I finally
accepted that this project would likely not go anywhere anytime soon
so I started blogging about SSNS. At least with a blog, I have some
vehicle available to me to share the lessons I've learned along the
way. But the blog still falls short of my initial vision.

So now, I'm revisiting the idea of a community site. Not that I've
suddenly found more time in the day. My days (and sometimes nights)
are still packed with consulting, mentoring, and volunteer
commitments. But I think that such a community site is still needed.
This was re-emphasized in a couple of recent forum threads - here and
here.

So, before I go off and do something like this, I'd like to ask you a
few questions.

1) Am I dreaming or is such a community site needed?

2) Are there other resources available?

3) What kinds of information would serve you best? An FAQ? SSNS
articles? Blogs? Code samples?

4) Would you be willing to be more than just a consumer? Would you be
willing to share what you've learned from your experiences in blogs,
articles, etc?

5) Is there anything else you'd consider important.

I'd really like to hear from you on this.

Thanks!

Joe

</blogpost>

--