Re: difference between NS<SubscriptionClassName>View and <SubscriptionCl

From: Joe Webb
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:35:19 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
When the generator fires, it materializes some views over the events
and subscription tables. These views, named for the event and
subscription classes (without the 'View' on the end), contain the
events and the subscription data that will be processed during this
quantum period. These views should be used in your match rules because
they take care of the scoping - that is you don't have to worry about
distinquishing old event/subscription data from new event/subscription
data.

The <SubscriptionClassName>View provides a way for you to manipulate
subscription data using T-SQL rather than through the SSNS API. You
can create subscriptions, etc, using that view.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP