Re: Where are SSNS's dates coming from?

Subject: Re: Where are SSNS's dates coming from?
From: matt roberts
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:07:02 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hello ramadu,

I do indeed get the same when I select getutcdate() - thanks for the info, I'll look into the reason for it!
Hi matt,

why don't you try doing a select getutcdate() and see what you get?
I'm not too sure if you have Daylight Savings in the UK. Maybe this is
the problem and you've not set your machine for the same?

- ramadu

:

Hello ramadu,

The SSNS dates are UTC dates.

Thanks for the reply. I understand that its using UTC dates, but the
offset of an hour is wrong as far as I can tell. I am in the UK, and
my computer is is GMT, so there should be no offset in the dates I
see in the SSNS tables. I was wondering if maybe I need to set the
timezone somehow in SSNS or maybe even SQL Server or the database to
rectify this.

Matt.

- ramadu

:

Hi,

I'm a little confused as to where SSNS gets its date information.
If I connect to my SSNS database on my database server (local), and
type "Select GETDATE()", I get the correct current date.

But, the date information entered in SSNS tables is always offset
by an hour. So for example if I "Select * from NSEventBatchView"
then it tells me that all my recent event submissions were made an
hour ago (I'm looking at the StartCollectionTime there).

Does anyone know what I need to do to set this? Is it an instance
config setting somewhere or something to do with my database or
database server setup?

Thanks in advance,

Matt