Re: Where are SSNS's dates coming from?

Subject: Re: Where are SSNS's dates coming from?
From: matt roberts
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 08:28:13 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hello ramadu,

The SSNS dates are UTC dates.

Thanks for the reply. I understand that its using UTC dates, but the offset of an hour is wrong as far as I can tell. I am in the UK, and my computer is is GMT, so there should be no offset in the dates I see in the SSNS tables. I was wondering if maybe I need to set the timezone somehow in SSNS or maybe even SQL Server or the database to rectify this.
Matt.

- ramadu

:

Hi,

I'm a little confused as to where SSNS gets its date information. If
I connect to my SSNS database on my database server (local), and type
"Select GETDATE()", I get the correct current date.

But, the date information entered in SSNS tables is always offset by
an hour. So for example if I "Select * from NSEventBatchView" then it
tells me that all my recent event submissions were made an hour ago
(I'm looking at the StartCollectionTime there).

Does anyone know what I need to do to set this? Is it an instance
config setting somewhere or something to do with my database or
database server setup?

Thanks in advance,

Matt