Re: Installing SQL 2000 NS App on SQL NS 2005

Subject: Re: Installing SQL 2000 NS App on SQL NS 2005
From: Pete Zerger
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 03:14:09 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hello Joe,

Thanks Joe.

Regards,
Pete Zerger, MCSE(Messaging)
Co-founder and Webmaster, MOMReourcs.org
URL:http://www.momresources.org
BLOG: http://www.it-jedi.net/
mailto:[email protected]

JW> Hi Pete -
JW> JW> Applications that were developed for SSNS 2000 require that version
JW> of SQL Server. They won't run on the most recent version.
JW> JW> Here's a forum posting that describes a similar problem with BSM. JW> JW> http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=137502&SiteID=
JW> 1
JW> JW> HTH... JW> JW> ~~~
JW> Get up to speed quickly with SQLNS
JW> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0972688811
JW> I support PASS, the Professional Association for SQL Server.
JW> (www.sqlpass.org)
JW> JW> On Sun, 21 May 2006 13:08:23 +0000 (UTC), Pete Zerger
JW> <[email protected]> wrote:

I have been working with some folks attempting to install the
Notification Workflow Solution Accelerator for MOM 2005 on SQL 2005
Notification Services....an application that was written for the SQL
2000 version of Notification Services.

We are able to perform the installation, but when we attempt to
launch the .NET web site, we get an error about missing registry
keys. We captured these missing keys, but could not seem to simply
copy from elsewhere, as they mention .NET assemblies and mulitple
registry hives, such as HKCR\Installer\Assemblies\c:|program
files|microsoft|notification workflow|Notification
Workflow|Presentation|MSMNW.WEB|web.config

Is there a fundamental difference in how the registry keys are
handled in performing a fresh install of this app on SQL 2005 NS
versus performing SQL 2000 NS and then migrating to SQL 2005?