Installing SQL 2000 NS App on SQL NS 2005

Subject: Installing SQL 2000 NS App on SQL NS 2005
From: Pete Zerger
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 13:08:23 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I have been working with some folks attempting to install the Notification
Workflow Solution Accelerator for MOM 2005 on SQL 2005 Notification Services....an
application that was written for the SQL 2000 version of Notification Services.

We are able to perform the installation, but when we attempt to launch the
.NET web site, we get an error about missing registry keys. We captured these
missing keys, but could not seem to simply copy from elsewhere, as they mention
.NET assemblies and mulitple registry hives, such as
HKCR\Installer\Assemblies\c:|program files|microsoft|notification workflow|Notification
Workflow|Presentation|MSMNW.WEB|web.config
Is there a fundamental difference in how the registry keys are handled in
performing a fresh install of this app on SQL 2005 NS versus performing SQL
2000 NS and then migrating to SQL 2005?
Regards,

Pete Zerger, MCSE(Messaging)
Co-founder and Webmaster, MOMReourcs.org
URL:http://www.momresources.org
BLOG: http://www.it-jedi.net/
mailto:[email protected]