Creating an installer package for SSNS applications

Subject: Creating an installer package for SSNS applications
From: matt roberts
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 06:34:14 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi,

I want to create an installer package for my SSNS application. Its going to shipped to a number of clients, and each client will need to customise the installation to do things like set up local accounts for running the windows service, specifying the database name and server name, and other stuff. Its going to quite tricky for us to manage this through a set of instructions and support phone calls, so an installer would come in very useful.
Has anyone anyone experience of doing this, and if so what did they use?
I coiuld write something in .NET that would probably do the trick - it would
have to write a batch file using the choices that the user makes, but maybe
theres an easier way somehow - maybe using something like WISE installer?
Any ideas welcome - thanks!

Matt