Re: Licensing question for NS

Subject: Re: Licensing question for NS
From: Joe Webb
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 15:20:01 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
CB -

I know you've received the answer to this question offline, but for
the benefit of those following the thread or searching for an answer
in the future...

For SQLNS 2005, you need a licensed copy of SQL Server for each
computer on which a SQLNS component runs. For example in the Remote
Database Deployment scenario, you'll need 2 SQL Server licenses. The
computer that hosts the Subscription Management Application does not
require a SQL Server  license; it can use the client redistribution
install:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d09c1d60-a13c-4479-9b91-9e8b9d835cdc&DisplayLang=en
This licensing agreement differs from the prior version in which the
Remote Database Deployment Scenario did not require a separate SQL
Server license.

Thanks Lukasz for clarifying this offline!

Cheers!

--
Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP