migration problems NS SQL 2000 to SQL 2005

Subject: migration problems NS SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
From: "semilogic"
Date: 10 Apr 2006 02:33:29 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs

I'm traying to migrate a Notification service solution from SQL Server
2000 to SQL Server 2005. The solution works fine on SQL Server 2000,
but on 2005 I allways get the message: "The registry entries for the
specified instance of Notification Services could not be found". This
message shows up everytime when i want to see the Subscriptions of a
given Subscriber in my Web-Interface (written in ASP and C#) or when I
want to add a new Subscription. News of a  existing  Subscription  are
shown without a problem.

So far I know i did follow all the steps to migrate the Database,
Application and NS-Instance.

First I upgrated the DB-Files in SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. (Only the
DB-file for user and admin Login for the Web-Inteface) Then i attached
the DB file on the SQL 2005 server. So far everything works fine and
users can log in. Then I edited the ADF-File and chaged all the NOTIFY
syntax to INSERT INTO and changed all the paths to the new
server-environement. In the Management Studio of SQL 2005 I created a
new NS-Instance with the adapted ADF-file and the service is running
without problems. At the end I recompiled all the ASP and C# scripts in
Visual Studio 2005 with the assemblies of .NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2005.

Does anybody knows why the entries of this existing and running
instance in the registry can't be found??? The name of the instance is
right and is in the registry.

Can anybody help ?