Re: Mulitple device addresses for single delivery channel

Subject: Re: Mulitple device addresses for single delivery channel
From: ramadu
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 13:51:28 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
if you have to just send the same information (i.e. content, formatting etc.) to both the subscriptions, you can use the same protocol.

In your protocols node (if you are using SMTP protocol), you can specify the To field as DeviceAddress. What you might have to do for your case is to create different DeviceName values for each of the DeviceAddress and create two subscriptions specifying the unique DeviceName. Then Notification Services will pickup both the devices and the respective DeviceAddress (yahoo & gmail ids).
- ramadu

:
Hi,

I agree that the subscriber will have to create 2 different
subscriptions, one for gmail and one for yahoo.

But will the notifications be delivered through same delivery protocol
or I will need 2 protocols for 2 device addresses (yahoo id and gmail
id)

Mana

Joe Webb wrote:
Hi Mana -

For the example you provided - gmail vs yahoo - I agree with Kate, 2
subscriptions for one subscriber would work.

For another somewhat similar scenario, such as some notifications
going to a subscriber's gmail account while others go to his cell
phone, different formatting is required for each device. For that
situation you can use the XSLT directory structure to format the
notification differently based on devicename.

For more information, check out:
ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/sqlntsv9/html/4be5579e-9e88-4693-a66e-e3dc6dfec375.htm

HTH...

--
Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP

~~~
Get up to speed quickly with SQLNS

(www.sqlpass.org)

On 13 Apr 2006 03:14:42 -0700, "kate" <[email protected]> wrote:

basicly you need to generate two notifications for the 2 different
addresses for the smtp channel. so you need to allow users to create
one subscription for the yahoo stuff and another subscription for the
gmail

kate