Subscription Rules and Transactions

From: "RDV"
Date: 26 Apr 2006 05:14:38 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hello All:

When you define you subscription rule in the ADF file for a particular
class it ultimately becomes part of a stored procedure (NSFire) that is
called by the generator.

This automatically created stored procedure encapsulates your rule in a
transaction (Begin Transaction)

I am using a linked server to retrieve some data to use in the
subscription rule.  The OLEDB provider that I am using does not support
transactions.

The error is as follows:

The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider
'MSDASQL' was unable to begin a distributed transaction.

Note that this is because of the underlying ODBC driver that I am using
with the OLEDB provider for ODBC.

What are my options for making this scenario work?

Is there a way to disable transactions for my logic and have it
re-enable ?