Re: SMTP delivery channel

Subject: Re: SMTP delivery channel
From: Andy
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:47:02 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I am providing the IP address for the SMTP server.  Currently in DTS we are
using a simple activeX script to send email using the same server.  Does
Notification Servies require a different level of access?  I am not an admin
on the SMTP server.

Here is the script we are currently using

Set oMail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
        Set oConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
        Set oFlds = oConf.Fields

With oFlds
                'Set the CDOSYS configuration fields to use an SMTP server.

.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing";) = 2

                'Enter name or IP address of remote SMTP server.

.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver";) = "IP
address"

                'Set SMTP connection timeout

.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpconnectiontimeout";) =
10

                .Update
        End With

I am hoping that we can use notification services for the same purpose, but
if it requires admin permissions then it will not work for us.  I have gone
through the sample provided in BOL and am now trying to make it send an
email.  Thanks for your help on this.