Re: Using SqlCacheDependency in sqlserver2005 / SqlCachePolling constant

Subject: Re: Using SqlCacheDependency in sqlserver2005 / SqlCachePolling constantly running?
From: Peter Kellner
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:33:49 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Kate,

thanks for helping me understand.  Could you elaborate a little more
please.  If I'm using and their Cache classes and I don't want
the database polling with lots of overhead, is there some other way to
do Cache that is better?  I'm really just trying to understand what I
need to learn (if it's available from Microsoft) to best do caching
without polling and proper data integrity.

Peter Kellner

On 13 Apr 2006 03:00:07 -0700, "kate" <[email protected]> wrote:

>dear peter
>i think like many others you are confusing Query Notifications which
>uses polling of indexed views and is a new native sql2005 feature with
>Notifiaction Services which is an optional component platform for
>building bulk notification applications.
>This forum covers the latter, suggest you try the sql2005 forums for
Peter Kellner