Developping a NS Web application with a non .Net language

Subject: Developping a NS Web application with a non .Net language
From: "semilogic"
Date: 25 Apr 2006 05:11:34 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi,

I've to implement a existing Notification Service Solution (ASP, C#)
into our CMS (Livelink, Obtree 4). So far I know it is not possible to
integrate the hole solution directly into this Content Management
System. Because our client doesn't want to implement the solution with
iframe, my idea was to rebuild the web application directly in the CMS
and access the NS-Databases via the CMS-supported server side language
JavaScript (ECMA Script).

Is it possible to wirte a solution in server-side JavaScript without
using the API of the .Net Framework? I've passed through a lot of the
MSDN pages about this topic, but I couldn't really found something. But
if i'm not wrong, it should be possible to use the hosted Standard
Event Providers to manage the DB entries (Events, Subscriptions)
without touching the API of the ASP.NET Framework. Can anybody help?