using stored procedures for event rules?

Subject: using stored procedures for event rules?
From: "sudhakar"
Date: 4 Apr 2006 20:17:21 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi,

Any body tried out using a stored procedure to implement event rules?

For my app, after fair bit of processing done in the sp, that I am
using to implement event rule, I am trying to insert records into the
notifications table. It did not work.

I debugged the proc in SQL Mgmt studio to find that, when it runs the
insert statement on notifications table, it generates an error :

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RuleFiringId', table
'AppSchemaName.dbo.NSScheduledNotificationsNotificationBatches1';
column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails

Any ideas on how to rectify this.

BTW, this is the same error that I got when I tried to forcefully
execute an insert statement into Notifications table from Query window.

TIA
Sudhakar