SQL NS IHttpProtocolProvider generating incomplete content type

Subject: SQL NS IHttpProtocolProvider generating incomplete content type
From: ""
Date: 12 Apr 2006 11:55:49 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hello, I have been trying to implement the most simplest of WebService
calls from Notification Services. NS hits the Webservice, but fails out
with the a Request Format exception message.

Does anyone know how to rewrite the content type generated by NS in the
The webservice generated SOAP message wants Content-Type: text/xml;
However looks like NS is generating Content-Type: ;charset=utf-8
When I add the ContentType argument to Instance Config File, the value
gets prepended to the NS generated contenttype which ends up looking
like: text/xml;charset=utf-8 (no space after semi-colon?) which still
generates the invalid format exception.

Any ideas here?

The exception looks like:
System.InvalidOperationException: Request format is invalid:
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerProtocol.ReadParameters()
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.Invoke()

The SOAP Message Header looks like this:

- <HTTPHeaders>

The constructed SOAP message looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
                <Diarise xmlns='http://Blah.BlahServices.Notifications'>

The Webmethod looks like this:

public bool Diarise(int DiaryID)

        System.Diagnostics.Trace.WriteLine("Starting Diarise webmethod");
        return true;