Re: Looking to subscribe "roles" rather than "users"

From: Joe Webb
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 07:11:17 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I've been meaning to create a fairly generic custom delivery protocol
using SMTP and post it to my blog, but I haven't made the time for
that as yet. :(

Anyway, Suyog posted one that he created a while back. I haven't used
this one myself so I cannot vouch for it, but it should provide a
start.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs/browse_thread/thread/4fe82e37a9f41a6c/bdb7a17b5beb5d31?q=attachments&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fmicrosoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs%2Fsearch%3Fgroup%3Dmicrosoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs%26q%3Dattachments%26qt_g%3D1%26searchnow%3DSearch+this+group%26&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#bdb7a17b5beb5d31

Also Shyam Pather has a chapter on it in his book.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP