Customizing NS instance db - opinions?

Subject: Customizing NS instance db - opinions?
Date: 28 Feb 2006 16:38:10 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I want just a few more features in my notification application that I
haven't seen in SQL NS  - the main feature we're desiring is the
ability for subscribers to maintain their subscriptions.  I know this
needs to happen in a Sub. Management interface, but here's what I'm
getting at.  If all I want is simply to add one table into the instance
DB to store username, password, firstname, lastname, and have
subscriberID as the primary key, is this a problem?  Also probably some
custom stored procedures.

I didn't want to have to have a profile/account/login sort of database
elsewhere and try & maintain duplicate data  between that DB & my NS
DB.

So theoretically, the user could login to a web site (hitting my custom
tables & stored procedures to validate their account/password).  Then
the site would use all the normal views avaialable from NS to allow the
user to manage their own subscriptions.  Any problems with this?  I
would still be using Microsoft approved ways to manage subscribers,
subscriber devices, and subscriptions - through their views.
Everything would be in one database.