Re: Looking to subscribe "roles" rather than "users"

From: "CoreyB"
Date: 8 Mar 2006 08:53:41 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
My suggestion would be to tack on something in your mail system
(exchange, groupwise, etc. whatever you're using) to have these "roles"
existing as email lists.  User1, User2, User3 could be grouped in
EmailList1 in exchange.  Then in notification services, the subscriber
device would be the email address for EmailList1.  This would be easier
than doing a custom delivery protocol.

Or maybe if you don't have exchange or similar, you can setup
forwarders on your email server to forward all messages to EmailList1
to User1, User2, User3.