Multiple servers for same Deliverychannel and protocol?

Subject: Multiple servers for same Deliverychannel and protocol?
From: "sudhakar"
Date: 10 Mar 2006 23:00:20 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi,

Just wanted to check whether we can specify multiple SMTP server names
for the same deliverychannelname and Protocol? The idea is to have a
backup server specified if the primary is not working for some reason.
Will this work?

This is how my deliverychannels section would look like for the
scenario I specified.

<DeliveryChannels>

<DeliveryChannel>
        <DeliveryChannelName>SMTPServer01</DeliveryChannelName>
        <ProtocolName>SMTP</ProtocolName>
        <Arguments>
            <Argument>
                <Name>SmtpServer</Name>
                <Value>MailServer01</Value>
            </Argument>
            <Argument>
                <Name>Bod oding</Name>
                <Value>utf-16</Value>
            </Argument>
        </Arguments>
    </DeliveryChannel>

<DeliveryChannel>
        <DeliveryChannelName>SMTPServer01</DeliveryChannelName>
        <ProtocolName>SMTP</ProtocolName>
        <Arguments>

            <Argument>
                <Name>SmtpServer</Name>