Re: Specifying ad-hoc subscribers from my client application?

Subject: Re: Specifying ad-hoc subscribers from my client application?
From: Joe Webb
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 07:51:00 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I'm sure you could shoehorn SLQNS to do this but it's not really the
way it was designed to be used. One way would be to create a custom
delivery protocol. When an event comes in, the generator would match
it to a generic subscriber so that a notification would be generated.
Then your custom delivery protocol would examine the event data and
determine which couple of guys get it the info. Not saying I'd
advocate doing it this way, but it's possible.

Other possibilities that you could explore are:
- passing the email addresses, etc in with the event data
- using distribution lists as your subscribers

Probably some more too.

Hope this helps....

Joe

--