Newbie Confused - where to start?

Subject: Newbie Confused - where to start?
From: "Vadim Rapp"
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:29:59 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hello,

I installed Notification Services, but from reading Microsoft Walkthrough, I can't figure out where to start and how to actually create a project. The Walkthrough says in the part "design your application" that I have to decide this and determine that; then the next step is "build your application". What I don't understand is, where do I write the code? In Notepad? In Visual Studio? Is there a reference for the language used to write that code?

thanks,

Vadim Rapp