"DeliveryFailed" status

Subject: "DeliveryFailed" status
From: "Mana"
Date: 29 Mar 2006 04:32:29 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs

I am using SQL Server 2005 Notification Services.

I have written an application which uses a standard delivery protocol
(FILE) and a few custom delivery protocols.

I want to display the log of notifications sent. This information can
be found in NSMyEventClassNotificationDistribution view, where
MyEventClass is the name of Event Class.

When I send notification using my custom-written delivery protocol, the
DeliveryStatusDescription column of view mentioned above  shows entry
as "Delivery Failed". But I recive the notification without any
problem. If I send notifications to FILE, the entry says "Delivery
Succeeded" and I also get the notification.

Why is it showing "Delivery Failed" in case of custom protocols even
when I receive notifications?