Re: looking for book suggestion

Subject: Re: looking for book suggestion
From: Joe Webb
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 07:34:36 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I think you've got a couple of options:

There may be a 3rd party vender out there that wraps up fax
notification delivery functionality for you, but Microsoft has changed
their web site and finding a SQLNS partner is not nearly as easy as it
once was.

If you'd like, you can develop your own delivery protocol by either
developing everything from scratch (yuck) or incorporating and
existing product into your delivery protocol by invoking its API. The
former involves low level control of the modem port, etc. The latter
makes use of a 3rd party product that already does that kind of stuff
for you. For example, if you can programmatically control FaxMaker or
some other fax program, you can call it from your custom delivery
protocol. Just be cognizant of the time it takes to fax someone.

HTH....

Joe

--
Joe Webb