Custom Content Formatter - accessing external data

Subject: Custom Content Formatter - accessing external data
From: matt roberts
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:01:34 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi,

I think I want to use a custom content formatter in my app. The reason is that I will probably want to access external data from my own database...
The problem is that I need to be able to specify to my custom content formatter
the connection string that will allow me to access the data - its not a static
connection string, it can change and so I would like too specify it in my
ADF or ICF....

Is this a straightforward task?

Thanks

Matt