Re: Looking to subscribe "roles" rather than "users"

From: "Sprocket"
Date: 30 Mar 2006 04:13:05 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I got the custom delivery protocol to work, but how do I use SMTP in
this custom delivery protocol? The example sends a notification to the
Message Queue. How do I implement the use of SMTP to deliver the
notifications?

My notification will include a dummy subscription with a roleid and in
the custom delivery protocol I need to get all memberadresses of a
role, and then send out emails to each of these members including the
notification information.

What do you suggest?

Oddvar