Re: Scaling-out the SQL-NS Engine question

Subject: Re: Scaling-out the SQL-NS Engine question
From: "CoreyB"
Date: 25 Mar 2006 05:23:56 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
This isn't extremely specific, but this is from BOL:

"To minimize distribution bottlenecks, you can scale the distributor
across multiple servers by defining multiple distributors in the
application definition. The distributors pick up distribution work
items as they become available."

Sounds like the distributors go & fetch the items from the engine/NS
databases as their CPU/bandwidth frees up, as opposed to the engine
pushing them out to the distributors in a certain order.