Unable to cast COM object of type 'SqlXmlBulkLoad.SQLXMLBulkLoadClass'

Subject: Unable to cast COM object of type 'SqlXmlBulkLoad.SQLXMLBulkLoadClass'
From: "g"
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:01:14 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi,
I installed Notification Services 2000 and trying to get an example app
running that came with the book "The Rational Guide to SQL Server
Notification Services".
When I drop an XML event file into the watched directory, it immediatley
changes to a ".err" file.
The Event Log shows this error:
<NotificationServicesEvent>

                <Description>

                                The FileSystemWatcher event provider failed
to submit events.

                </Description>

                <Context>

<EventParameters>

                <ProviderName>FswRecallEP</ProviderName>

                <EventFileName>C:\SQLNS\ABC\Events\TestEvent.xml</EventFileName>

                <EventClassName>SafetyRecall</EventClassName>

</EventParameters>

                 </Context>

                <Description>

                                Unable to cast COM object of type
'SqlXmlBulkLoad.SQLXMLBulkLoadClass' to interface type
'SqlXmlBulkLoad.ISQLXMLBulkLoad'. This operation failed because the
QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID
'{1380DD8D-DCB9-4A6E-9D53-EECDDF18DA85}' failed due to the following error:
No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002
(E_NOINTERFACE)).

                </Description>

                <Instance>ABCOwners</Instance>

                <ApplicationName>Recalls</ApplicationName>

                <Component>Event collection</Component>

                <Thread>16</Thread>

</NotificationServicesEvent>

I thought I found the answer when I came across this forum message:

Notification Services in SQL 2000 requires the .NET Framework 1.1. If you
have version 2.0 (only - without a side-by-side copy of version 1.1), you
will see this problem. The reason is that one of the methods we call when
.NET Frameworks.

If you want to go with the .NET Frameworks 2.0, you should use the version
of Notification Services in SQL Server 2005 - that version is designed to
work on .NET 2.0.

I had only the .NET Frameworks 2.0, installed so I installed .NET Frameworks
1.1 and re-installed SQLXML 3.0 but I still get the same error.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

gary