Specifying ad-hoc subscribers from my client application?

Subject: Specifying ad-hoc subscribers from my client application?
From: "Mwob"
Date: 27 Feb 2006 08:10:48 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi,

I'm evaluating the use SSNS 2005 for our web application. From what I
have seen, it looks like it will do the job quite nicely, but I have a
specific requirement that I hope someone here can help me with:

Basically, I *think* I want to specify who the "subscribers" to my
event are. Say for example something happens in our application, and
the user decides that he needs to let a couple of guys know - I want my
application to specify who these people are, instead of them having to
be  subscribed to the event. Its always different people that need to
know about the event, and I want the application to be able to decide
who... so I think that basically I want to have control over who the
subscribers are.

Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance!

Matt Roberts