Application data - where to add

Subject: Application data - where to add
From: "billdebug"
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:30:32 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I have read some posts from Joe Webb about how SQL 2005 NS can use existing
databases and we can write the NS tables to them. My question is the
opposite. I want to take the basic NS application and expand a single table
to allow for additional fields in the application. So, I'm thinking of going
back into the ADF and editing that config to include these fields.

Now, given that we want these enhanced events to stay in the database
forever, and not be purged by NS, and given that the same records will be
called on by another application used by subscribers after their
notifications are received, is the best idea to just expand the events table
by modifying the ADF?

Please ask for more details if necessary. This is my first NS app so
somewhat unclear as to terminology and processing.