Re: nscontrol register - error....help!!

Subject: Re: nscontrol register - error....help!!
Date: 21 Feb 2006 17:05:57 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I'll take a look at the registry tomorrow when I get back.

As far as the user accounts go - I think I'm not quite understanding
what I should be doing.  I have a domain account set up in the domain
that my NS instance, databases, distributor, generator, and applicaiton
databases sit (i.e. on my PC).  I have that user set with permissions
and in the NSRunService role, and I created the windows service with
that user account.

How does this relate to the subscriber management machine?  According
to the BOL how-to on nscontrol (see above), my situation seems to fall
under this example where I wouldn't need to specify
credentials???......

"
B. Registering an instance without creating a Windows service

This example shows how to register an instance named StockInstance in
the following scenarios:

    * A subscription management interface or independent event provider
is located on the server, but the server does not run a hosted event
provider, generator, or distributor.

In these scenarios, you must register the instance so that instance
components can locate the databases, but you do not use the -server
argument to create the Windows service.

nscontrol register -name StockInstance -server nsuetest

"