Re: Distributor slows to an imperceptable crawl (weekly or so)

Subject: Re: Distributor slows to an imperceptable crawl weekly or so
From: Joe Webb
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 05:28:44 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi David -

You've probably already checked this, but is the vacuumer running
during the slow downs?

What kind of deployment do you have? Single server? Remote database?
Or Scale out (where the distributor may be sitting on a different box
entirely)?

Have you monitored the load on the SQL Server box during the slowdown
to see if it's the bottleneck?

Anything else running on the server that the distributor is on that
could be eating up resources?

Is the slowdown very repeatable - same day of week, same time of day?

HTH...

Joe

--
Joe Webb