Re: Problems getting NS project to run

Subject: Re: Problems getting NS project to run
From: Joe Webb
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 05:57:02 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Gary -

Since you're running XP, there's a machine account called ASPNET that
is what is used to run the ASP.NET worker process (aspnet_wp.exe).
When the message indicates that it successfully added ASPNET to a
database role, that's what it's referring to.

SQLNS has predefined database roles (NSSubscriberAdmin, etc) that
configure the permissions required for certain SQLNS related
activities.

The last part of your posting indicates that the script is attempting
to add your login id to a SQLNS roles, however your login id wasn't
found as such in SQL Server.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb