Stock walkthrough gives me an error

Subject: Stock walkthrough gives me an error
From: "Bob"
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:16:44 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
On win Xp Pro Machine with sql server 2000 notification services sp1 and sql
2000 dev ed.

I am at task 4, trying to run  AddSubscribers.vbs

The line nsInstance.Initialize "StockInstance" gives me error code 80131500
The registry entries for the specified instance of notification services
could not be found source Microsoft.sqlservices.notificationServices.

Set nsInstance =
WScript.CreateObject("Microsoft.SqlServer.NotificationServices.NSInstance")

nsInstance.Initialize "StockInstance"

I also have Sql server 2005 dev edition installed on this machine. Could
that be a source of error?

Trying to get my head around this stuff, easy it ain't.

By the way, I want to write a notification service on a sql 2000 server that
notifies a subscriber on his phone everytime a new record is created in a
table "CustomersToCall", from what I've seen so far I haven't found a way
yet to have an addnew record event trigger a notification. The table itself
will contain the customer name, the info to give him for that call and his
phone number for that call. I'm trying to go thru the walkthrough, but I
keep hitting these errors <GGG>

At this stage I'm stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob